Wednesday, March 3, 2010

All The Small Things

"The great question...which I have not been able to answer is, 'What does a woman want?' "~ Freud. Yeah well Freud, I don't friggin know either and I am a woman.
I think I've come to the realization that the qualities I look for in a guy are absolutely impossible. There is no way I can find a guy that owns them all...or at least the ones that I want. First and foremost I want honesty. I'm still a hopeless romantic enough that I believe you can actually find this in a man. I compare what my parents have and know that it does in fact exist. There are couples out there that are more than happy to spend the rest of their lives with one another...and actually be happy to do so. I want a man that can match me on my sarcasm and not be easily offended. I want a man who is confident with himself enough so that he doesn't feel he needs a woman to complete himself....and also be confident to wish these qualities on his partner. I want a creative man, someone that can think outside the box. Someone who doesn't bring home a piece of jewelry b/c its my birthday and thats what your "supposed to do". I don't care about that. I'd be more inclined to swoon if you came home with coconut flavored ice cream b/c you know it's my favorite. I want a man that makes me feel safe. I'm an independent woman but I still like knowing that there's a guy right there to step in front and take care of me. Call me old fashion in that sense. A man that can accept my flaws and maybe find them cute...just like I would do for him. That I know is possible. My mom is a spender and my dad is a saver and they are going on 20 years. She learned to spend a little less and save a little more and he learned to work more overtime!

I still believe that those qualities that I listed are possible to find and even possible to find in all in one man. Now...for the small ridiculous qualities that get me...well a little excited we'll say. Nothing gets my heart pumping when I know that you have a little bad boy in you. I'm not looking for a guy to get me into trouble...I can do that just fine on my own thank you! You know what I'm talking about...that devilish smirk that as an underlying meaning...one that keeps you hanging for more. This is the type of guy that isn't going to ask you if he can kiss you goodnight, no he's going to GIVE you a kiss goodnight.

Another "thing"(we can't call this a quality) that I love, and let me say this now that it is absolutely NOT a make or break deal, is tattoos. I have such a weakness for a man with really beautiful artwork that is displayed on his body. I can't help it. I remember the first time I noticed I found it incredibly hot. I woke up one morning and (MOM COVER YOUR EYES) the guy I was with had his gorgeously tattooed arm up against my pillow. I was actually turned on! I was staring at it and wanted to jump him right there...again. I was hooked ever since. Silly, I know. But, it is what it is.

So there they are. Now the first ones listed obviously come first. But, why can't I find a man that also possess the others. Why is it one or the other? Then I'm left with what? A safe, stable, predictable man or an exciting man that get my heart pumping. Have I set my standards to high? . Am I too picky? Some people say yes while others say I'm allowed to be picky when it comes to choosing the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. Can I be happy with one and not the other? I honestly doubt it. Am I being shallow or decisive?
"If you're not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary." ~ Jim Rohn I hear ya man but easier said than done....

Next up: Date with a very tattooed man. He seems funny, sarcastic....let's see what else he possesses.....Stay tuned. I have a feeling this is going to be very amusing. ;)

2 comments:

  1. T, you crack me up! you definitely do write like you are talking out loud! not too many people can pull that off unless they are a little touched... in a good way. I loved reading your blog, it reminds me of our conversations. As far as you finding someone with the qualities you are looking for, I think you have the perfect attitude about not obcessing over finding that certain someone. That alone will bring Mr. Right into your life. You are a funny, playful, compassionate girl with a 'come whatever' atittude. I find that geniune and very sexy and it fits you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I argue with such a great comment! That deserves another loaf of cinnamon toast...with raisins!

    ReplyDelete