Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Caught Up

I can't speak for all men and women when I say this but a good kisser is pretty much a make or break deal. Never underestimate the power of a good kiss. When it happens, it almost makes you feel like everything else will fall into place. Here's where men and women are different. Women can't get past it...we know right then and there, this is not going anywhere further...I'm 26 years old and I'm not in the business of teaching you how to correctly kiss a woman. You want to nail it(haha, that was not intended), then you better be able to knock her off her feet at first kiss. Make it so that I can't gather my thoughts, I can't form an understandable sentence and please make it so I can barely stand up any longer. Oh and also make it so I can still breath. Thanks.

Ok let me back this up a bit....So I was growing increasingly frustrated with Hot Dad and decided it's time to get back out there and set up date. Let's call him.....Too Much Tongue, TMT for short. So TMT and I start talking via email and then decide to take it to the phone. I quickly find out he is extremely blunt. I can handle blunt and I can certainly handle sarcasm but his bluntness was almost on the verge of rude. I found this as a challenge and wanted to put him in his place. Two can play this game and I found out I played it better than him. We decide to meet...

Unfortunately the tool lived in NH. This should have been a giant flashing light. He wanted me to meet him in Lowell and then we could go out. I know, must be hard driving closer to where the girl with no car lives....what was a 10 minute commute for him was about an hour and 15 for me. Another flashing light.
He picks me up with his absolutely adorable puppy. Nice touch. We drop the dog off at his place and he asks if I want to see his house. Well this was quite the shocker. His house was absolutely impressive. I got lost in it by the end of the tour. Yeah, that nice. Part of me wishes that I was morally incorrect enough to like someone for their gorgeous home. He also drove a Saab. Cute Dog. Cool car. Beautiful home. Eh.

We head out for drinks and dinner. For someone that was pretty amusing and witty on the phone apparently had a little stage fright. He barely talked. I was trying to pull information out but this seemed to be an extremely ridiculous task. I was growing increasingly bored and found myself comparing this date to my first date with Hot Dad. SHIT. This is exactly what I wanted to stay away from. I'm out on a date trying to get away from the frustration with HD and here I was thinking about him. You can now add annoyed to the feelings I was having at this point.

We leave the bar and I still have an hour left before my train heads back to the city so we go back to his place. We ended up playing with the dog and watching the Olympics for a bit. Now, in my head, I was fine but totally not thinking about a second date. Well while I was thinking this he leans for a kiss. Whoa, I wasn't expecting this. Ok.......ok no. I think I can go as far as to say this kiss was worse than my first kiss ever. I couldn't breath, I think at one point I choked, and he had this jack rabbit tongue that was darting in and out of my mouth. It was frightening! I think he touched my tonsils at one point. THANK GOD it was time for me to leave. I couldn't wait to be on the train. I didn't want to ever have to do that again. What I wanted, was for HD to call me so I could get this bad kiss off my mouth and have it done correctly to me. Yeah, I said it.

Now when I got home, I told my friends it was "good" and sure, maybe I'd go on another date. What I was really hoping is that he also felt awkward and I was never going to have to deal with this again. "The Kiss" memory kept flashing into my head and was making me uncomfortable all over again. So now here I sit...a majorly failed date, HD still on the mind, and beyond pissed off at the whole situation. To make matters worse, I get a text today from HD. "just sayin' hi ;)"

WHY WHY WHY.
Here's my question: If you're not interested in someone you fade them out. You stop calling/texting/seeing them. So tell me why he continues to text me? I don't get it. I get men. I don't get him. So much so that it's infuriating me! !@%^&$!@#$^^$ I've officially have no idea what's going on any longer. Oh and to be the fool girl that I am...I still want to see him. Insert more cursing here.
What is wrong with me?!?!?!?
Thoughts? Be nice.

4 comments:

  1. yaawwnn.. typical woman.. chasing the man who doesn't want you.. just wants to keeep you on the hook in case he changes his mind.. in the meantime he is out with other women

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! You have all the happy answers huh? Been burned a lot???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, no.. Happily married to my college sweetheart...we met while studying abroad in Europe..He's a handsome Aussie! I just get tired of hearing women complain about how hard it is to meet a nice guy.. there are lots of nice guys out there, You girls don't give the nice guys a chance. I am not going to deny my husbands looks caught my eye..his brains and sense of humor and kindness kept me coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand what you mean and please don't mistake me for that type of woman. Every woman goes through the ups and downs of liking the wrong man. And if you haven't then you are lucky and rare. It's rare for me to get caught up in a guy at all but unfortunately for a brief moment I did and it didn't work. My bad. I can appreciate all opinions on my blog but don't be negative about it just b/c you're happily married. I'm not crying over the guy. I'm not throwing myself into a container of ice cream. I'm venting and I'm venting on my blog. I apologize if I made you yaaaawn. I know that when I hear women wasting their time with the wrong man I tell them they're better than that. That approach seems to work much better than insinuating that the man is married or off screwing other women. That's wonderful that you found a great guy and one with a great accent but quit being so negative....or at least keep it yourself. It doesn't make me feel better or any other person who has been in the same situation.

    ReplyDelete