Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Beautiful,Dirty,Rich"

Friday night I decided to stay in and watch the Sox/Yankees game. In case you missed it. We won. F**K You New York. I ordered some pizza, grabbed a beer, my laptop, and sat down with some Cupid and baseball. I started chatting with a lad. We got into the baseball talk. FYI if you're not into baseball I really have no use for you. It's my thing. You might as well be gay. We exchanged the silly questions. He was much better at it than I. Clearly a very smart driven guy. A little overboard with the working out. I'm not really into your gym routine. No offense. As the night goes on he asks if I want to meet up the next night. I had plans for my favorite bar with my girlfriend but if he would like to join then by all means. I don't always advise bringing a date to your favorite hotspot but I was unsure of him and new I would feel comfortable there. So he agrees to meet up with us. Great!

Saturday.....oh boy.

Well knowing I will be meeting up with him, I obviously glam it up more than usual. : ) But being a girl, I still question if I look ok...normal girl worries. That question was answered on my walk to the train. Now if you know me AT ALL, there is one type of guy I have a hard time saying no to. A bad boy. You can see them a mile away. Tattoos. Confidence oozes from every pore. HOT. The type of guy you can never bring home. THAT is the type of guy that always gets me. Frustrates the hell out me. Has me begging for more...Again I digress though. Ok so on my way to the train in my rather high heels, a guy(insert all bad boy qualities here) pulls over. Here is how the conversation goes. Bad Boy "Excuse me" Me " Yes?" Bad Boy "I'm sorry to bother you but do you need a ride somewhere, you're making me hurt watching you have to walk in such high heels" Me "Oh, no thank you" Bad Boy" Are you sure? I promise I am not a bad guy" His friend in passenger seat shakes head to confirm. Me" Thank you but I really can't just get into a car with you. I don't know you. I learned that rule when I was 5". Bad Boy" I completely understand and respect that. I hope I didn't scare you pulling over. I just wish I could drive you to wherever you are going" Me " Well, I'm actually going to meet up for a date so that would probably be a bad way to start it off with a total stranger dropping me off. It was very nice of you though. Thank you." Bad Boy" Well I think you look absolutely beautiful and I can only hope this date doesn't go well so that when I give you my number you can call me and I can have a chance" Me. Flustered. Flattered. COMPLETELY THROWN OFF. Nervous laughter...."You're giving me your number? Here? On the street?" Bad Boy" Well you won't let me drive you b/c you are clearly a safe woman, and I'm sure I will never see you again so I really have no choice but to give you my number, here. Now. " Me. Still flustered. "Ok". Gulp. "Well what is your name?" Bad Boy " I'm ****, what's your name?" Me. "Tara". Bad Boy "Tara? You are killing me. That's a beautiful name". Oh Brother.
Needless to say. Date Sucked. Boring. Lame. I ended up flirting with my bartender and then faked a leave and came back 5 minutes later. After coming back I received another number from a guy who was watching this train wreck of a date and thought adding his number into the disaster was a good idea. I then texted Bad Boy and thanked him for the offer and compliments. All in all, I would say 1. My outfit worked out just fine. 2. You never know how your evening is going to turn out(I went home and had chunky monkey ice cream with my roomie and we shared stories of our horrific dates). 3. I still love bad boys no matter how hard I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment