Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Keeps Gettin' Better"

It's 9 O'Clock.  And.....I'm home.  Yes, tonight was date night with Tall.  Let me fill in you on what you missed....

5 P.M.  I leave work all ready for my date, nice and early so I don't have to go home. It also gives me some time to run to downtown crossing to find myself a slip b/c apparently my cute yellow sundress that I've worn twice before, is see through...good to know.  I figure that isn't the look I want to show on my first date. I have to leave something to the imagination... Turns out after searching 3 different stores, nobody makes slips anymore. Great. I instead purchase a long white tank. Leave me alone, it's the best I could do. 

I reach Harvard Sq to catch my bus. Text goes off. He's stuck in his meeting and won't be able to make it. Wants to reschedule for tomorrow. I stand there, a little annoyed, a little disappointed, and all dressed up now with no where to go. I decide not to get down. I head to Davis Sq. so I can grab a beer and watch some of the game. Much less fun when by yourself, in case you were wondering.

I leave for my twenty minute walk home in my pale see through yellow dress and heels just in time for the sky to open up on me. Life. Is. Good.  I walk through  the pouring rain laughing hysterically at how my night as turned out. I finally reach home so that a gust of wind can carry my dress over my head while trying to get the key in the door.  It's really no wonder why my neighbors love me....

I come in, change and look out the window to a completely peaceful night, not a drop in sight. Of course the rain stopped.

Date with Tall...Take 2

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment